How soon after oral HIV

Hi Doc

Great Site. Great work I wont repeat all the gushing praise ! (which is well deserved!).

I am a hetero male and have (untill 2 days ago) been in a monogamous relationship for 12 years. On a business trip, drink, pleasure etc got the better of me ! I had unprotected insertive oral / body rubbing (my) finger in virgina with a female prostitute. Reading the archive I know that this is low to non excitant risk. However I want to err on the side of caution and am considering testing. My question is:

If I became infected on that fateful day how soon after would the disease be in a transmittable form from me to my partner? We have already had safe sex. But we usually have a mixture so I am worried about passing anything I have caught before my test (Do you think my exposure merits a test?)

Many Many thanks in anticipation of your valuable time and answer.

Regards

A Worried never-to-repeat fool

Hello Worried Never-To-Repeat Fool,

Your "finger was in Virgina with a female prostitute???" Virgina? Hmmmm . . . is that anywhere near Virginia?

HIV infection can be transmissible shortly after it is contracted. Your HIV risk from the activities you describe would be very low. If you are worried, a test at the three-month mark would be considered definitive.

Good luck!

HIV 2 testing
HIV vaccine