HIV 2 testing

My daughter was a victim of rape in the year 2000. Since then she has been tested at 5 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, and 3 years. All were negative. Then she worried about HIV 2 and was tested--negative. She worries that the HIV 2 test was only done once (4 years after the rape). Since it is only 99.5% accurate, she worries and feels she should have further testing. What reassurance can I give her? Thank you so much for all the work you do here.

That your daughter is still worrying about HIV four years after her sexual assault is concerning. She has tested repeatedly negative out to four years. HIV is not her problem. No additional tests for HIV-1 or -2 are necessary or warranted. However, your daughter's irrational fear of HIV is a problem that does need to be addressed. Counseling to address ongoing concerns related to the rape is definitely indicated. If she is already getting counseling, I suggest you show her therapist this post and my response.

Masturbating with panties a form of tranmission? PLEASE RESPOND
How soon after oral HIV