Relax

Hi Dr Bob,

Your website has been so useful to me.

I have slept around big style, a young uk sex maniac. I have really taken risks. I was really scared after a sex session in a night club toilet with a woman Id never met before unprotected. That was three years ago. I recently had another wild unprotected experience with a hooker - what was I doing? I must be crazy!!! It was only oral but still, I was scared to death.

I discovered this website to alleviate my fears and trust me, I didnt believe I was HIV negative at this time.

Dr Bob is superb people, for education and reassurance, but do not diagnose yourself. Because if you do, you will only leave the doubts in your head, the night sweats and sleepless nights, the placebo effect as it were.

Take the test. After four years I have, after all the risk, and I am clear. WHOOO HOOO.

Trust the doctors. Either way...you cant lose.

Even if you are positive, then you can be treated and you can't pass it on. And from my experience, you will probably get a WHOOO HOOO too. Go to the doctors - forget the sleepless nights and false symptoms. It took me four years, and all for nothing. All the agony.

Thanks Dr Bob.

How can I donate? I hope this e-mail helps everyone.. none of you are alone, and probably none of you reading this in a state of fear are positive. Good luck.

Good Luck...but you wont need it.

Richard.

A "big style, UK sex maniac???" Mick? Mick Jagger??? Is that you? Nah, I guess not. You said "young" and Mick is the oldest thing on tour since King Tut (also currently on tour, by the way).

Regarding the placebo effect, that term is usually applied to situations in which someone has a real problem and is given a sugar pill containing no real medication, but gets a beneficial effect nonetheless. It's like feeding nutsy Aunt Nellie a tic-tac rather than a valium when she complains she's having one of her "spells," and she calms down equally well with either. So as far as HIV anxiety-related symptoms, it's more of a reverse-placebo effect. In reality they've got nothing but a belief that they have something (HIV) and continue to develop symptom upon symptom. Ultimately they wind up as nutsy as Aunt Nellie.

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Congratulations on your negative test! WOO-HOO!!! By the way, you can still be a big-style young UK sex maniac; just latex wrap your stump before you hump. OK?

Donation information for my foundation can be found on the Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. We graciously and appreciatively accept credit cards, money orders, direct wire transfers, stocks, bonds, family jewels, gold teeth, first-born children . . . you name it.

Stay well, Richard!

Phlebotomy accident: Panicking
Hiv risk for a top?