Help me Rhonda Help Help..

Hello dr bob, ive been reading your posts throughout the years and they have helped me deal with my fears and my understadning of the virus. Your a strong and wonderful person and we all can learn from you a little bit. I had a recent exposure with a girl i met in college. Weve been flirting here and there at parties and she finally let me sleep with her once summer vacation hit. I went through 5 condoms with her because she was so dry. The first two condoms ripped and i proceeded to put another on each time. the next morning i realized that there were some blood on the condoms. None on the first that broke and a little on the second that broke so i was inside of her for a minute or even less without a condom. i intend to test in 3 months but the wait is agrivating. please help me doc

Five condoms in one night? Whoa! First let's check your Viagra dose. Next, if she was that dry, a bit of water-based lube (and some foreplay) would have helped.

Your risk is brief unprotected insertive vaginal sex. Yes, that does place you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. Yes, HIV testing is warranted in three months. Yes, the wait can be aggravating, but excessive worry is certainly not warranted. The odds are astronomically on your side. The estimated per-act risk for acquisition of HIV with an HIV-positive partner for insertive penile-vaginal mattress mambo is 5 per 10,000. Your risk would be even less, as we do not know the HIV status of your partner.

Now go buy a pack of extra-strength condoms and a supersized bottle of Astroglide so you won't have this worry in the future, OK? Oh and how many times have I told you not to call me Rhonda in public?

Good luck with the test!

Help needed from across the pond, please desperate!
Confidentiality for HIV testing through your general practitioner?