|Help needed from across the pond, please desperate!
Jun 16, 2005
Hi Dr Bob,
First of all congrats on doing such a fantastic job, you truly are an inspiration!
Please can you help a depressed old soul from across the big pond??? My sitaution is this, in Oct 04 I made the mistake of visiting a lady of the night which included unprotected oral (only upto 1 min) and protected sex. I was feeling a little low at the time with the start of a cold, since that time I have had several colds (first about 6 weeks after). I tested negative at 4 weeks, and 13 weeks after the incident. Since this incident I have only had a few enounters including two protected oral sex and two hand reliefs. I am however still experiencing many symtoms such as a continual stuff nose, tiredness, burning sensations in my skin, diarhea occassionally.
My question to you is:
Was my negative result at 13 from the lady of the night incident enough or should I test again because of the on-going symptoms? Do I need to re-test anyway because of the two protected oral and two hand encounters??
Your wisdom is required and a donation in reward!!!
Please help me!
| Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Your 13-week negative test following one minute of unprotected oral and "protected sex" is definitive. Your ongoing symptoms are not worrisome for HIV. I do not believe additional tests are warranted or necessary.
2. Protected oral and "hand encounters" are not considered a risk for HIV transmission. Again, I do not feel testing is warranted or necessary.
Hope that helps calm any residual worries. If your symptoms persist, see your doctor for an evaluation. There are many potential causes of the symptoms you describe.
Thanks for your donation!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Touching Penis Risk Of Getting HIV
- Touching Stripper Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Blood On Hand?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Reused Needle?
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Insertive Oral Sex?
- What Is The Risk Of Sex With Stripper?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.