Help needed from across the pond, please desperate!

Hi Dr Bob,

First of all congrats on doing such a fantastic job, you truly are an inspiration!

Please can you help a depressed old soul from across the big pond??? My sitaution is this, in Oct 04 I made the mistake of visiting a lady of the night which included unprotected oral (only upto 1 min) and protected sex. I was feeling a little low at the time with the start of a cold, since that time I have had several colds (first about 6 weeks after). I tested negative at 4 weeks, and 13 weeks after the incident. Since this incident I have only had a few enounters including two protected oral sex and two hand reliefs. I am however still experiencing many symtoms such as a continual stuff nose, tiredness, burning sensations in my skin, diarhea occassionally.

My question to you is:

Was my negative result at 13 from the lady of the night incident enough or should I test again because of the on-going symptoms? Do I need to re-test anyway because of the two protected oral and two hand encounters??

Your wisdom is required and a donation in reward!!!

Please help me!

M

Hello M,

1. Your 13-week negative test following one minute of unprotected oral and "protected sex" is definitive. Your ongoing symptoms are not worrisome for HIV. I do not believe additional tests are warranted or necessary.

2. Protected oral and "hand encounters" are not considered a risk for HIV transmission. Again, I do not feel testing is warranted or necessary.

Hope that helps calm any residual worries. If your symptoms persist, see your doctor for an evaluation. There are many potential causes of the symptoms you describe.

Thanks for your donation!

Doc says I am a-ok
Help me Rhonda Help Help..