To go or not to Go

Dr. BoB, I really appreciate your forum. A donation will be following. Well I'm in a predicament. I am going on a Central American Vacation with my new girlfriend. She wants to make it "memorable" so I'm sure there will be intimacy. I have no problem with it except for the fact that I had vaginal intercourse with a stripper a few weeks back, during the enconter the condom "slipped of" inside of her for a few moments before I realized what had happened. I put on anohter condom and finished off. Now the time between the posibble exposure and latest I can take the test will be 12 weeks and 1 day. And That will be hours before our flight leaves. Even though I'm looking forwared to this trip with my new angel, I don't want to expose her to possible HIV. I've been doing research night and day trying to figure out the "window" period. Every ones definition is different, and I called the CDC and they strictly adivse to wait for excatly 3 months. Antoher possible option is the PCR test. I'm even willing to pay $250, but your site suggest that even the PCR is inconclusive. We've already paid for the tickets and she is really planning and looking forward to this perfect trip. This is casing me alot of stress. I don't want to dissappoint her, but I also don't want her to get exposed to HIV because of me.

Thank YOu again for the work you do.

So to go or not to go is the question

To go or not to go is the question? Shouldn't that be "to cum or not to cum"?

Your risk was minimal unprotected insertive vaginal sex with someone who would not qualify for "angel" status. In my opinion a 12-week test would be definitive. I would suggest an FDA-approved rapid test. You'll have your results in 20 minutes and still have plenty of time to wait through the extra long security screening lines at the airport. This will also allow you to WOO-HOO in style on your vacation.

Now, one note of caution regarding your "new angel." Sometimes angels don't always turn out to be completely angelic. As always, I recommend latex condoms and plenty of water-based lube so those "memorable" intimate dream moments don't become anxiety-provoking nightmares of "window" pain!

Good luck and Bon Voyage!

ANY NEW INFO. ON THE NY STRAIN?
You gave me the strength to NOT test!