Dr. Bob...Do I need to be tested??? PLEASE ANSWER!!

Dear Dr. Bob,

I yelled WHOHOO 2 weeks ago after unprotected sex and wanted to celebrate with PROTECTED sex!

I had provided the condoms, which I will never again run out of!! My partner used one condom and we had insertive vaginal sex. He removed the condom (it was still dry.) He went to the bathroom and then came back and gave me oral sex. I thought he was going to put on another condom, instead he rubbed his "Mr. Happy" across the outside of my vagina. I feaked out! He said he could not get off with one on and he just wanted to rub on me. What a bunch of CRAP!! I said NO and we stopped. He left shortly after that. I am ready to just give up!

I believe you when you say that oral is very low risk. I am worried about the part when he rubbed himself on the outside of me. It was very quick. He did not insert himself inside of me. What is my risk Dr. Bob? Am I still in "worry well" mode or do I really need to be tested AGAIN in three more months?

I just might not ever have sex again! PLEASE ANSWER!!

- Recovering Drama Queen

Hello Recovering Drama Queen,

So you wanted to celebrate your WOO-HOO with some WHOOPEE???

You are correct: oral sex has a low risk for HIV transmission. As for "the part when he rubbed himself on the outside of me," that is called frottage. Frottage is not considered a risk for HIV transmission. That's assuming he and any potentially infectious fluids did indeed stay "outside."

Are you still in "worry well mode?" Well, it does appear you are once again "worried" and statistically the odds are you are indeed "well." However, the general rule continues to apply: if you feel you've placed yourself at significant risk for HIV, the option to retest is always open to you.

As for "I just might not ever have sex again," I'd say you haven't yet graduated from a certified Drama Queen Recovery Program.

POST FOR THE WORLD TO SEE!!
tested neg? now family showing sighs new baby please help