Groin swelling... possible stabbing infection?

I had a lump swelling in my groin which I at first attributed to an abcess in my tooth. As the pain and swelling in my the tooth went away, so did the groin swelling. But, a few days later, I had another lump swelling in my groin, which went away followed by a third. The last one is going way after two weeks (it's the size of a pinhead now), and these swellings may or may not have something to do with a recent knife stabbing I suffered in my leg (possible infection?). But, I'm more concerned about HIV infection and I'm thinking about getting tested. Am I being an alarmist?

You had a lump in your groin that you attributed to an abscess in your tooth????? Hmmm . . . that's not possible, unless your one-eyed monster happens to have teeth?!?!?!

A recent knife stabbing??? Oucha-ma-goucha! If you were stabbed in the leg and it became inflamed or infected, it is possible the glands in your groin could swell.

As for HIV testing, the reason to test (or not) is whether (or not) you have placed yourself at risk for HIV, not whether (or not) you have symptoms. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting HIV infection.

Panicky thoughts
Tested Negative