Don't make yourself sick worrying about HIV

Doc,

I had a sexual encounter with a girl from South Africa and during anal intercourse the condom slipped off. I don't know why I didn't notice, but I kept going until I ejaculated.

This was my first unsafe sex encounter and I freaked my self out, particularly because it involved anal and a South African girl. For over three months I lived in a state of pure anixiety. I obessivly read everything on HIV/AIDS I could and scared myself to death. A couple weaks ago I noticed severe hot flashes, arm numbness and bad back and neck pain. I didn't know what to do and was scared to get tested. Three months passed and I couldn't stand it anymore so I went to the free clinic and after nearly passing out from hot flashes while waiting I got the news...negative. Almost immediatly the pain in my back went away as have the hot flashes.

For three months I obessed about HIV until I literally made myself sick and it ran my life. Its nerve racking I know, but it ain't worth making yourself sick over possibly being sick.

You lived in a "state of pure 'anixiety'?" Hmmmm, that sounds uncomfortable. By the way, what's "anixiety?"

Thanks for taking the time to write and share your story. WOO-HOO and congrats! We'll happily add your story to the rapidly growing list of folks whose myriad symptoms "magically" disappeared when they got their negative HIV test results!

Welcome to the club!

Stay well.

Big Ole Woohoo!!
Seeking Answers for Saving Life ....Need You expertise....