HIV negative with somewhat low CD4 count. Concern?

I am an infusion nurse. Never neen exposed that I can recall. Had some routine labs done early may including HIV, which was negative. Last week, I had a dizzy spell at work. The Doctor I work with orderd many labs, in error, the lab ran a Lymphocyte subset panel. All parameters in the test were normal except the CD4 was 396. I was repeated and it came up to 436, again all other parameters normal. All the doctors in the office (Infectious disease office) all stated that I probably had a virus that I had been fighting off. Should I be concerned, being that I was HIV negative 3 weeks earlier?

Thanks, MIKE

Hi Mike,

Assuming your negative HIV test was taken at least three months after any potential exposures, I would agree with "all the doctors." T-cell subsets (including CD4) can vary up and down for a variety of reasons completely unrelated to HIV. I see no reason for concern related to HIV, particularly because you report "never neen exposed" whatever that means.

So anxious I can no longer sleep or eat
gonorrhea of the throat