The miracle of the OraSure rapid test

Hey Bob,

I hope you have time to post this because I feel as though it'll make a difference. As soon as I get my next paycheck, Im making a huge donation (relatively speaking :).

I am a "heterosexual" male who engaged in unprotected receptive anal sex for 4 or 5 times about ten years ago. It was experimentation with my teenage friends (I was 13) and I had NO idea that it was risky.

Five years passed and I somehow heard about HIV and how its passed. I read about about it till my eyes bled. I was then 18 and was scared out of my mind to go test.

Then five more years of pure agony and fear passed. I was just so scared to get tested and then wait 2 or 3 weeks to get my results.

I finally found your website and read about the rapid OraSure. 20 minutes? Ya I can live through that. I went and got tested at a free clinic. The counselor was really nice, and helped me through it so well. After the 20 minutes from hell, I was negative.

I guess my point is, I think this test is the answer to slowing the spread of HIV. Weaker people (like me) are much more likely to get tested if it were a hassle-free 20 minute test, not a 3 week deal.

I hope that part of my donation goes towards providing "ubiquituous" rapid testing.

I admire you highly and I think youre a great person for doing what you do, keep up the good work.

Julig

Hi Julig,

Cool name!

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story. Yeah, rapid tests rock!

Thanks also for your donation. Yes, we will use it to provide rapid testing to those in need. On their behalf, please accept my heartfelt thanks!

Stay well, Julig!

im leaving on a jet plane..
Falling apart, my doctor wont even see me!!