Dr. Frascino urgently needed in Austria.

Hi Dr. Frascino

First off I would like to say thank you for the help you are offering. I for one deceided to spend $125 to your foundation.

My question is the following.

Ive had an unprotected anal high risk exposure with my boyfriend who was diagnosed HIV+ in two weeks later, back in early November. I had several quite severe symptoms like generalised swollen glands, severe headache, sore throat, and joint paints.etc.

I then did my 3 months test with an 4 th generation elisa and it came back negative. But the symptoms were still persistent. Therefore I deceided to do another check after 6 months. Again 4th generation and again negative.

So far so good. Whats worrying me is, that I still have the generalised swollen Lymphnodes and I have developed a bad thrush with lots of bloating and a thick white cheesy coated tongue. I was highly anxious during that time and the Dr. prescrobed me with Xanax. I now dont use them anymore.

Could it be that I am infected despite of the two negative tests? What would you recommend. My Dr. is one from the mountains here in Tirol and not familiar with HIV.

Your help would be kindly appreciated.

Best regards from Austria

Josef and Heribert (closer together after all this than ever)

Hi Josef and Heribert,

Cool names!

First off, thank you for your generous donation! Your one gift will touch many lives.

Next, the per episode risk of HIV transmission for receptive anal intercourse is estimated to be 50 per 10,000 exposures to an infected source. For insertive anal intercourse, the estimated risk drops to 6.5 per 10,000 exposures to an infected source. Testing repeatedly negative out to six months is generally considered conclusive and definitive.

Since your partner is HIV positive, hopefully he is under the care of an HIV specialist. (If not, he should be!) If your symptoms persist and you remain worried about HIV, make an appointment to see your partner's HIV specialist. He should be able to evaluate your problems and quell any remaining fears.

Most likely the two of you, Josef and Heribert, are now like us, Bob and Steve (Dr. Steve in the Body's Tratamientos Forum) a magnetic couple and "closer together after all this than ever!"

Good luck, guys. We're here if you need us.

{{Dr Bob}} Blood Donor THANKS YOU for holding her hand
Re : Je suis confuse...pourriez-vous m'expliquer...encore!