DR BOBBY SCOTCH, this is the last email! i promise!

Dear Dr. Bob, I hope the title caught your attention! I know I must be getting annoying, I am not your regular worried well. Most worried wells are anxious up until the test, I, on the other hand, doubt each test more and more :( I need help desperately. I had 3 oraquicks, 2 elisas, 1 viral load and a cd4-856 31 months after the experience. For some reason, the circumstances that surround my situation are not allowing me to let go. I am attempting to mentally overcome this, but I need some advice. I am going away to college next year and I do not want my roomate to think im absolutely crazy. Have you successfully helped other worried wells? I need a solution from a doctor that deals with this first hand. Thanks again! MY strategy-next may get a elisa, viral load and cd4 done-if everything is normal-drop it completely!

Thanks again, an Admirer

You "doubt each test more and more???" As Mr. Spock used to say, "That is illogical!" your strategy makes about as much sense as Dubya's privatization plan to save Social Security.

It's been 31 months. You've had way too many HIV tests already. What part of "you are HIV negative" don't you understand?

Dude, don't get any more HIV tests. Rather, get some counseling to help you accept the good news of your definitive HIV-negative status. Confronting your completely irrational fears is the only way to conquer this problem.

newborn testing for hiv
test question