HIV transmission from shared anal sex toys?

Question for Dr Bob Frascino: Please can you advise whehter in your professional opinion I am at risk of having contracted HIV thanks. I'm hetero and have always enjoyed my g/f's using butt plugs and strap-on toys on me (kinky but fun!). Not having had a g/f for a while I visited a hooker for some strap-on fun which was very enthusiastic and prolonged.......she used a condom on the strap-on but afterwards I came out in a panic when I began to consider how many different guys her strap-on has been used on. I'm now *very* panicky that HIV virus could have been present on parts of strap-on not covered by condom or condom could have had tear and I didn't notice. Am I at risk? Do I need tested? Could live virus have been present on strap-on when she used it on me? Thanks a million, by the way you're one helluva cool guy who proves that a wicked sense of humour can conquer anything. I'm a fan. Steve

Hey Kinky-But-Fun Steve,

HIV does not survive very long outside the body. That, plus the fact the hooker wrapped her strap-on stump before she started to hump, would indicated your HIV risk is essentially nil. The decision whether to get tested is always up to you; however, I don't believe there was a significant enough risk here to warrant testing.

And to avoid future doubts pertaining to strap-on sprouts, why not BYOSO (Bring Your Own Strap-On)? And remember, blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves, as we shall never cease to be amused!

Stay well.

DR. BOB YOU ARE AWSOME PLEASE PUBLISH THIS
newborn testing for hiv