How can I help?

Dr. Bob,

I have been a fan of yours for over three years. I have visited this site due to an irrational fear of HIV. Thanks to you, I am able to cope and I now do not think about HIV all the time. My husband commented that I haven't freaked out about HIV in months. I accredit this to you and your outstanding knowledge and compassion towards everyone, HIV infected or not. Now my question is how can I help make my community more aware of HIV and its effects on the world? I want to do something rather than give my monthly donation, but I do not know where to start. I live in Indianapolis, IN and most of the people in the "AIDS" community are very proactive and the volunteer jobs at our local center are already filled. Please help me to make more people aware of HIV than my circle of friends.

Thank you :) Carrie

Hi Carrie,

Thanks for your kind comments!

I haven't been to Indianapolis lately, but I seem to remember a group called the Damien Center, which was quite active. Perhaps you could give them a call. Alternatively, just inquire at your local AIDS service organization for a list of other organizations nearby. In my experience, volunteers are always needed!

Thanks for your willingness to help. I've found helping others who are less fortunate is often an excellent way to keep our own problems and concerns in their proper perspective!

Stay well!

Today show?
stress et anxiete... est-ce justifie?