complicated question..

Dr. Bob, Hello! I am coming to you with a question that I feel is a little different from the others. Its regarding testing and symptoms (no wait! don't click off!).

So, this is my question..is it my understanding that once ARS occurs you will test positive? So the past 3 months that I have had EVERY symptom, does that mean that they had nothing to do with HIV? I hope that isn't too confusing. The second question being if I had an extremely low risk encounter(insertive oral) and tested negative at 94 days, am I in the clear? Please give me the privilege to Woo-Hoo! It's been a long bumpy road.

Have a beautiful day! worried in CA

Hello Worried in CA,

Complicated question??? Well, let's see. You write: "So this is my question . . . is it my understanding that once ARS occurs you will test positive?" Dude, that question isn't complicated, but I really can't answer it because how the hell would I know what your "understanding" is???

So here's what I can offer. Following your extremely low-risk encounter (insertive oral) and a 94-day negative HIV test, you are definitively HIV negative. Consequently if you've had some symptoms or "EVERY symptom," the cause is not HIV. So "it is my understanding" that despite your long bumpy road, it's WOO-HOO time. OK?

Stay well.

Straight Republican Male loves Dr. Bob
about safe sex