For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Can HIV be passed along from a "bottom" sexual partner to a "top" partner?

I am finding The Body website to be very informative and helpful. What I need clarafied is if it is possible to transmit HIV through anal sex with my partner, him being the "top" and me the "bottom". If easy is it to transmit in this way? I can't seem to find an easier way to convey that question.

thank you.

Top-bottom, pitcher-catcher, drive or ride, Batman-Robin, whatever. I understand your question and the answer is yes, it is indeed possible. The estimated per-act risk for HIV transmission as a consequence of insertive anal intercourse (topping, pitching, Batman barebacking) is 6.5 per 10,000 exposures to an HIV-positive source (bottom, catcher).

Bottom line for your bottom is that safer sex (latex condom) is essential at all times.

HIV status vs Ghonorrea & Clamidia
Straight Republican Male loves Dr. Bob