Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

From Boo Hoo to Woo Hoo!
May 26, 2005

Buon Giorno, Dr. Bob!

It's Justin Case. This message is bittersweet; as I don't know if I can write to you after this "Woo hoo" message - though I thank you for posting my previous two messages.

As the title and introduction suggest -- I am indeed WOOHOO-ing! From incontinence during the rapidtest wait to writing you this happy message -- I've come a long way, as have several WW's in the past. Thank you for empowering us with knowledge.

Before this "exposure" (rather potential risk), I knew probably 1% of what I know now about HIV/AIDS. It's unfortunate some people (myself included) need a "scare" before they truly understand this disease; but it's an experience that, in the end, has brought more good than bad.

Using the knowledge that you have armed me with, I plan to promote HIV/AIDS awareness in my own state, volunteer my time as necessary, and generally do my part to combat this dreadful disease.

So -- WOO HOO! Me, David Duchnovy and Gillian Anderson can all enjoy our stay in the X-Files and live safer, better informed and less anxiety-stricken lives!

Thanks Dr. Bob... I'll miss writing to you -- maybe I'll drop a line here and there just for old time's sake.

Your #1 fan,

Justin Case

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Justin,

So you're leaving me? Just like that? Sure, you say you'll "maybe drop a line here and there," but I know what that means. You are outta here, leaving me with all the other pants-pissing anxiety wrecks. Gosh, here I was singing my Liza (with a "z") song, "Maybe this time . . . he'll stay." But no, off you go with Mulder, Scully and alien X-Filers.

Don't worry about me. I'll try to find the strength to carry on. Someone has to be here manning the HIV panic channel "justin case."

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
I know I'm positive --- based on symptoms
Next
HIV status vs Ghonorrea & Clamidia

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.