I know I'm positive --- based on symptoms

Dear. Doc. (20 yr. male) I had unproteced oral sex 2wice(giving w.out ejac.)with high risk (possibly POZ) infected male. 2 weeks later, I developed a very very severe sore throat and painful swallowing. No other symptoms whatsoever. Please don't tell me it could be strep because every medical book I read said that strep "always" includes a fever. And also what are the possiblities of a sore throat alone, since they are always associated with flu or cold.

Today, one year later after that exposure and symptom. I have had swallen glands under chin. at least I think they are (pea line bumps - although most website say they should be over 1/2 inch to be swallen - they are not).

Doc... I have a very strong immune system. I dont' remember the last time I had a cold or flu, all doctors agree that mine is very very strong. If lets say I was infected, would I begin symptoms now (1 year) most medical records say that once symptoms begin (which is many years) it is usually a few months to the development of AIDS. This is the only symptom. NO repeated viral infections, fevers (infact it's low 97degrees), weight loss.

Are HIV glands painful and would they include only the neck.

I did feel my neck often, but not to an extent where they would swell, can even simple feeling of lymph glands cause them to sweel.

I spent the entire cold freezy winter with short sleeves outside to see if I have HIV... what I mean is that I wanted to see if I would easily catch the flu... and no I did not... not even a cold.

I know that it's not reliable for HIV, but If I was close to developing AIDS or the onset of symptoms wouldn't I at least have got the flu much easily from my cold northern michigan weather.

Doc, you're the best... I have a donation on the way for you... please answer this question first. I am very very scared. I know I"m the first guy to be infected with oral sex.

You've been feeling your lymph glands and wonder if that can cause them to "sweel?" and the "pea line bumps" under your chin are "swallen?" Oh my.

Next, you write, "I spent the entire cold freezy winter with short sleeves outside to see if I have HIV." OK, that explains quite a lot about both your state of mental wellbeing (or lack thereof) and definite lack of common sense.

So you "know" you're the first guy to get HIV from oral sex!?! And this is "based on symptoms"!?! Hmmmm..

OK, looney tunes, when your brain thaws out from your overexposure to the cold Northern Michigan weather, hopefully it will regain enough function to comprehend my advice.

1. Symptoms do not equal HIV disease, no matter how convinced you may be about being infected.

2. It's been over a year since your oral escapades. If you feel you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, you should get tested for HIV, not go all Eskimo, building igloos and making snow angels in the nude or whatever the hell you were doing last winter.

3. Colds and flues are caused by viruses, not by exposing yourself to cold environments, no matter what your mother may have told you.

4. It's swell, not sweel; and swollen, not swallen!

5. I suggest you read through the archives to get acquainted with all the other drama queens who were similarly irrationally convinced they were HIV positive.

6. Write back with your negative HIV test results and we'll try not to say we told you so, OK?

To All the WW
From Boo Hoo to Woo Hoo!