10 years of stress behind me now.

HI Dr. It's the stressed out latin guy that's been asking you questions for the past two weeks. However , even though no response was given. Who knows... maybe for my great amount of grammer mistakes, maybe b/c I didn't make sense or probablly the fact is that another 50 people have the same conserns everyday. Hopefully this time you will post what I have to say. I am 28 years old and have been worried about Aids for the past 10 years (maybe more), I had all the symptoms, the soking night sweats, the yeast infections, the pink rashes around my body, dry coughs, oral thrush, Floaters, fatigue, the hole pack. I'm talking about ten years of my life, when even though I acomplshed graduating from a great school and having the luck of getting a good job I was never able to give 100% of myself b/c of the fear of death. As I read in other postings I met my worse enemy (google), spent hours a day matching rashes to the pictures, reading about the symptoms related to Aids. One day I found your site and started consentrating on only reading the questions posted to you by other people just like me. Realized I wasn't alone in this, found out there were more Freaked-out people as myself very convinsed of a negative outcome. Now what I have to say is this...people all symptoms are related to HIV/AIDS,it's a immune deficiency illness, therefore there is no doubt that if you spend hours searching for something to relate to your symptoms you will find it. This will ruin your life. There is nothing worse than the connection mind-body, it's the worse silent killer and if not controlled may take your life soonner than knowing and dealing with the fact of HIV/AIDS. I know we all worry so much, we want kids, we seek for the perfect family, with the perfect job, etc. It can me done, there are ways to have kids now, there are ways to form a great family without your kids having to deal with the early death of the HIV infected parent. There are ways to live longer, so much that the goverment doesn't know what to do with dissability it pay's to some people with HIV, cause of the fact many are in much better healt than HIV- people. You can be happy. This desease is no longer a death sentance, your mind is. Beleive it from me a person that's been running away from the results for ten years, living in fear ,with so many symptoms . Yesterday thanks to this web-site and speaking to variuos counselers I held on to my testicles and desided to become a man. I went into a testing center sat down with a counseler and after a DR. due to the fact I had a nervouse breakdown and giot tested. The 1st time in my life. Guess what??? I am negative. I feel I am born again and went out with my friends to celebrate my new birthday (may 17th). There is no reason to live this way because of the fear of not being able to accomplish your goals if HIV gets in your way. Maybe this will help some fo you but my mentallity was...."Maybe this is the drawing of my life, perhaps this desease was put there for a reason" as all in life to teach us there is a reason for everything. This great fear inside was the greatist lesson in my life, and regardless of the outcome it has changed me for ever. I drew a picture in my head that helped me cope with me dealing with the test and the fact that I could be living with HIV for the rest of my life, now I have to change my game plan, cause I'm negative and because CONFRONTING has made me a man. To DR. Franscino I thank you very much (eventhough you didn't respond to my questions), the work you do is great and hopefully people such as yourself will be rewarded with a cure someday. Eventhough negative I am a part of this world now, and will do my best to help. Started by donating to the AID FOR AIDS where I have a good friend that works there, you are next. GOD BLESS!!!

So after experiencing "the hole pack," you "held on to my testicles and desided to become a man???" Hmmm . . . OK, if you say so. I seem to remember my transition to manhood being somewhat different, but OK . . . .

At any rate, congratulations! WOO-HOO! Oh, and you can let go of your cojones now. If you squeeze any tighter, you might become a soprano.

Stay well.

An end to anguish...woohoo
Guy Walks Into a Bar...