Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Yet Another One!
May 25, 2005

Hi Doctor Bob,

I know you've had a litany of these kind of e-mails recently but i still wanted to write and express my gratitude to you. Im a nineteen year old guy from Ireland and i wrote to you a little over a month ago in a seriously freaked out state. Basically, like the vast majority of people who seem to mail you, i was completely one hundred per cent sure i had HIV. My doctor was wrong, the other doctor was wrong, even the cute doctor was wrong! hehe. I was so convulsed with anxiety and worry that i refused to accept wat they were telling me, i refused to accept that the worst thing i was suffering from was a pretty mild case of the flu.

When i wrote to you i was probably more distressed than i have ever been in my life. You didnt answer me and at the time i couldnt figure that out. I thought my question was totally original and so serious that you'd mail me straight back. With the benefit of hindsight i totally see why you didnt answer me, there was simply no point because i was HIV negative! I had every anxiety related symptom in the book, aches and pains, visual disturbance, coated tongue, dry mouth, various rashes. You name it and i had it! And guess what, they all went away when i got my results back! How amazing! hehe.

Basically im mailing you to tell you what a genuinely amazing and important job your doing. Ive been reading your posts for a while now and i just want to let you know that you are an inspiration, particularly to young gay guys like me.

To all the guys and girls who are putting themselves through the unnecessary worry that i inflicted on myself, go and get tested, put it out of your head and get on with enjoying life.

Let me know if your ever in Ireland Dr Bob, i think i owe you a few pints of the black stuff! hehe. Take care, and thank you for everything.

Irishboy

PS- My boyfriend says he would pay good money to see a three way involving the Bush twins and Mary Cheney. Disturbing, i think you'l agree.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Irish Boy,

Even the "cute doctor" couldn't convince you? Wow. You really were freaked out.

The "magical disappearance of every symptom in the book syndrome" is actually quite common. There are many examples of it in the archives.

As for your boyfriend wanting to watch Mary play in the Bushes (so to speak), you are correct: your boyfriend is one seriously twisted dude.

Stay well, Irish Boy,

Dr. Bob

Previous
THATS FINAL !! NO MORE WORRIES FOR THEORITICAL RISK
Next
stress relieve

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.