HIV Transmission risk?
May 24, 2005
I did a very stupid thing about two years ago. I used a vibrator belonging to my gay flat mate. It was very clean and very dry and covered in a condom...though i used a lubricant that may have been oil based.I also don't believe the vibrator had been used too recently. I do not know my flat mates hiv status.
Is this a risky situation? I am currently awaiting results of a hiv test.
Regards and thanks,
Response from Dr. Frascino
Secretly "borrowing" your gay flatmate's Versace leather belt or Best of Streisand CD is one thing, but his vibrator??? Don't you know the three rules of having a gay roommate? They are:
1. When the pads a-rocking, don't come a-knocking.
2. God help the sister that comes between me and my mister.
3. Never touch stuff in your roommate's goodie drawer.
You apparently violated #3. Based on what you've told me (" . . . it was very clean and very dry and covered in a condom . . ."), you ask if this is a risky situation from an HIV perspective. Nope! However, if your roomie ever finds out you've been playing around in his goodie drawer.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dry Cough An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Vomiting A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Sinus Infection Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.