Receptive Oral Sex - the real deal

Dr. Bob -

I recently read the UCSF Insite forum on oral sex. The doctors essentially said that receptive oral sex without ejaculation was extremely low risk.

What does that mean? I have read over and over that oral sex is less risky than anal or vaginal sex. So? Is that like saying Crack is less riky than Heroine?

What is the scoop? If one decides to participate in receptive oral sex with a person of unknown status, should he spend three months in a state of panic? Is he taking his life into his hands?

Do you personally know of any cases where a person seroconverted from oral receptive sex with only exposure to precum.

Whatever the answer, please share with your readers that safe sex is HOT and condoms help to ensure that one will be around for sex another day, not to mention avoid other STDs. However, if you arrive at the oral sex dance party without a Hazmat suit, do you really have to go home?

Thanks,

Frustrated Trojan Warrior

Hi Frustrated Trojan Warrior,

First off, I agree with the information you received on the UCSF Insite forum. Defining "extremely low risk" when it comes to tricks at the oral sex dance party can be . . . ahhhh . . . tricky. Maybe think of it this way. When you walk outside and it's raining, there's an extremely low risk you'll be zapped dead by a lightening bolt. Could it happen? Yes, it's at least theoretically possible. Will it happen to you? Most likely no, because the risk is extremely low. So whether or nor you decide to wear a Hazmat suit while "dancing" is up to you and depends on the level of risk you feel is tolerable. Spending three months in a state of panic should, of course, be avoided whenever possible.

Finally, I agree with you: safe sex can indeed be mindblowingly HOT!

Don't be frustrated. Rather, just be informed.

In Panic, Nervous and Confused
Many Thanks to Doctor Bob:) I LOVE YOU!