|Risks from rubbing a dancer's privates
May 16, 2005
Dear Dr. Bob,
I read your archives, which are very helpful, but did not find all that I was searching for. Please take a moment to answer these questions.
First, let me begin by describing the episode that brought me here: I went to a strip club a few days ago, and, after a private dance ended up rubbing the strippers vagina for a few minutes (no penetration, just the outside).
Two questions main questions and some secondary ones:
(1) Is there an HIV risk from rubbing the outside of the vagina? Or is the risk associated with penetrative fingering? Is dry skin enough for letting HIV through?
(2) Is there a risk of other STDs? In my case, I never took any of my cloths off but about 15 minutes after this episode I used the "fingering" hand to urinate? Any risk here?
Thank you so much for your time. Do you accept Amex for donations?
Hopefully worried for nothing
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Hi Hopefully Worried for Nothing,
1. No, I do not believe this is a significant risk. No, dry skin is not "enough for letting HIV through."
2. Some STDs, such as HPV (warts) can be transmitted by skin-to-skin contact. However, do I think you had any significant STD risk from touching your home entertainment center 15 minutes after stroking the outside of Miss Badda Bing's thing? No, I do not.
3. Amex? Sure! (www.concertedeffort.org)
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.