Risks from rubbing a dancer's privates

Dear Dr. Bob,

I read your archives, which are very helpful, but did not find all that I was searching for. Please take a moment to answer these questions.

First, let me begin by describing the episode that brought me here: I went to a strip club a few days ago, and, after a private dance ended up rubbing the strippers vagina for a few minutes (no penetration, just the outside).

Two questions main questions and some secondary ones:

(1) Is there an HIV risk from rubbing the outside of the vagina? Or is the risk associated with penetrative fingering? Is dry skin enough for letting HIV through?

(2) Is there a risk of other STDs? In my case, I never took any of my cloths off but about 15 minutes after this episode I used the "fingering" hand to urinate? Any risk here?

Thank you so much for your time. Do you accept Amex for donations?

Sincerely,

Hopefully worried for nothing

Hi Hopefully Worried for Nothing,

1. No, I do not believe this is a significant risk. No, dry skin is not "enough for letting HIV through."

2. Some STDs, such as HPV (warts) can be transmitted by skin-to-skin contact. However, do I think you had any significant STD risk from touching your home entertainment center 15 minutes after stroking the outside of Miss Badda Bing's thing? No, I do not.

3. Amex? Sure! (www.concertedeffort.org)

I finally have peace
Don't Freak Out!!