Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sooper-Dooper WOOOH-HOO!!
May 16, 2005

Hi, Doc. Bobby, I just had to share my experience with you and this site, please post if there is room. I have been worried (HUGE understatement) about this disease for the past five years, and have been reading this site for sanity for many of thoose years...

I had unprotected sex as the "top" in the encounter with a male of unknown status back in April of 2000. I subsequently developed burning urination, and was diagnosed at a free clinic with NGU. Immediately I began to worry and look for sypmtoms of HIV. I thought I observed them all: swollen glands, night sweats, thrush, rashes, myalgias, etc. you name it, I thought at some point I had experienced it. I was so consumed with fear that I could not bring myself to test again (after the baseline test at the clinic). Well, I just wanted to tell everyone reading these posts, NOT TO WASTE YOUR LIFE WORRYING, it is not worth it. My personal relationships and mental health have suffered over the past FIVE YEARS, dealing with anxiety over this horrible disease. I finally summoned the courage to get another test, Home Access, at 5 years past this encounter, and the test was NEGATIVE. I feel so relieved and I wanted to thank you, Doc Bobby, for the work that you do. Donation is on its way,and WOOO-HOOO!

Procrastinator Supreme

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Procrastinator Supreme,

Thanks for taking the time to share your story and for your donation! WOO-HOO! Now go out and celebrate safely, of course! You have five years of happiness to catch up on! So don't procrastinate!

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
je suis devenus fou dr bob aide moi!!!!!!
Next
My story -- It's a happy ending because I made it so.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.