Re: Simple

Hey - Simple-minded Republican-guy:

Did you know that current statistics show that 1 in approximately every 308 people in the United States is infected with HIV, and this may be a conservative number because those are the individuals we know about.

I am a heterosexual white male with HIV. I've had two partners in my entire life, and unfortunately, one of the women was infected, and I was irresponsible. Did I know better? Yes, but did I think it could ever happen to me? Of course not.

Dr. Bob - you are a leader for so many people whose families and one-time friends have turned their backs on them because of these exact beliefs. In fact, my own mother's response to me contracting the HIV virus was not, "oh my gosh, you must be hurting so much." It was, "....you're gay?" Um... hello. When will America and the world wake up?

Our ignorant, but possibly decent, Republican friend, the community of all people suffering from HIV - nearly 1 million in the USA alone - needs the support of the healthy to help fix us. If Polio had the same stigma and misconceptions that HIV does, we may have lost your family to this terrible disease. Please read up, and realize that the vast majority of today's HIV infections are caused by heterosexuals.

It's about people - not about actions. No one deserves a lifetime of fighting HIV. Help the cause and get informed.

When will America and the world wake up? Well, many parts of the world are indeed awake and battling HIV/AIDS to the best of their abilities. Meanwhile, here in the U.S., many just continue to repeatedly hit the snooze button, prefering to slumber complacently in apathy as 5,000,000 new HIV infections occur every year and another life is snuffed out by AIDS every 10 seconds of every minute of every day. Day after day after day.

Thank you for sharing your story. Let's hope it wakes folks up. That the U.S. spends more each year on potato chips than HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment is something none of us should be proud of.

Stay well, my friend.

just adding more ammunition
FINALLY BEHIND ME! no pun intended.