HOMOPHOBIC TURNED OPEN MINDED

Dear Dr.Bob,

I have been a homophobic through out my life. Never fully understood why I had so much fear of homosexuality.

One day, a very close friend of mine, met a female who is a lesbian. She told my friend that she has met the person of her dreams. I told my friend that sounded "odd", but he told me that it should not matter if you are gay. People are people, everyone can fall in love just the same way.

After hearing this, I thought to myself. I love my parents deeply. How different would it be for me to love my parents compared to someone else who is gay to love their parents too? It wouldn't be different.

I will admit, I am a worry well. I had protected sex with a pro with a latex condom from the beginning and end of the sexual intercourse. After reading your archives, I should have nothing to worry about. I have learned to accept homosexuality and listen to your advice.

-Open Minded

Hi Open-Minded,

I'm not exactly sure how your newfound enlightenment that "people are people," and your newfound realization that protected sex is indeed protected are actually related. But nonetheless, I'm delighted for you on both accounts.

Stay well. Stay safe. Stay enlightened.

I was a virgin
hiv test+window period+merci