Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I'm losin it......Please help....2 attemp
May 9, 2005

Mr Frascino, i would first like to say that there are not a lot of important people that i would like to meet in my life. But you are definately one of them. Please i would you to answer me this cause I'm feeling I'm losing my life and my mind. I am a studnent from Greece in the UK and i made a relationship with a girl exactly 5 months ago. We had unprotected insertive sex several times. about one month ago i was diagnozed with oral trush and be given a gel (daktarin). Even though my tongue doesn't seem to be as bad as it was and my mouth stopped to be dry when i wake up its completely white. It becomes better only when i eat something. But i use the gel over one month. The other thing that scares me is that the last 10 days i have floaters and i am coming to think that i am HIV positive. I don't have other symptoms like fever, night sweats, sore throat, diarhea and i don't think that my lymph nodes are swollen but I'm not a doctor to diagnose that. But I'm to scard to go and get test.My girlfriend took the Elisa 14 months ago and it was negative. I know that you have a lot of people to answer their questions and you'll propably ignore mine( propably cause i come from the most Anti-American European country). Anyways, its not bad trying... Thank you very much for everything you have given until now and i hope God wil protect you to give many many more..

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Greek-Guy in the UK,

I've been to Greece many times, most recently several months ago. I don't think Greeks are anti-American, but rather anti-Bush! And I agree with them!

Having unprotected sex does place you at some risk for STDs, including HIV. Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV disease. Being scared to take an HIV test will not solve your problem. Having not taken the test, you write ". . . I'm losing my life and my mind." Isn't taking the test better than that? You might consider getting some counseling to help you cope with your fears, as they are certainly way out of proportion to any real risk. OK?

Good luck! Have a shot of ouzo and then go get tested!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Attn worried wells : my not needed Quant PCR cost me $600.00! YIPES!
Next
I was a virgin

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.