Effective time for HIV testing

Hi Doc!

Great site; thanks so much for what you do.

I had a "whoopsie" at a club. I was drunk and kind of went along with a guy who wanted me to be the receptive anal partner in the men's room. The epitome of class, I know.

After he inserted (I never had anal before -- OW!!), I pulled back, and then he re-inserted (not to the point of pain) for another 10 seconds or so, and we stopped and I left.

Next day -- freakout begain.

Four days after the incident -- went to the ER. The doc did a digital rectal exam and said there were no cuts/lacerations and that I didn't have any symptoms that would indicate a STD.

One week after the incident -- went to my GP; got the same result back.

Three weeks after the incident -- went to a urologist -- no bacterial ookiness.

Six weeks after the incident -- got a RapidTest.. Tested negative.

Several sources state that the probability for HIV antibodies showing up after 4 weeks is almost certain (98%) and after 6 weeks is nearly as accurate as the reccomended 3 month period (>99%).

Soo.. the big question is -- would you reccomend additional testing and was my overall exposure exceptionally risky?

Kinda scared to get the "official" results now that I'm at the 10 week mark; and I'd rather just live life happily with my other neg result.

Thoughts? Ideas? Any large sums of money you want to send?

Thanks!

"Whoopsie????" Hmmm, even I've never heard it called that before. And bacterial "ookiness" is new to me as well. Nonetheless, let's proceed to your concerns. You had unprotected receptive anal whoopsie with a dude of unknown status in the men's room. Despite the absence of any "ookiness," this activity places you at risk for STDs, including HIV. And while I think it's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious that your evaluations to date have all been negative, you still need a three-month HIV test.

If you were indeed "living happily" with your unofficial, not definitive, negative-so-far, test results, you really wouldn't be writing to me, right?

daughter raped at college concert
Help! Dr Bob. I am dying!