can surgery affect seroconversion REVISITED (Last Time!)

Hi Dr. Bob,

I don't know if you remember me, I told you I had an internal hernia about 8 weeks into my "window period", and was afraid my negative HIV tests at 12 and 22 weeks might be invalid because of possible delayed seroconversion. It's now been over 7 months since my "exposure", which amounted to nothing more than kissing and receiving oral sex. I even had one more home access test at 24 weeks, and, like you predicted, it was negative also.

OK, so here's the only problem. Since a couple of weeks before that surgery (it's been 5 months now), I've been dealing with tingling sensations in my legs, from my thighs to my calves. I finally went to my doctor, and they did an MRI, which revealed what he called "disc disease", or a disc bulge between L1-L2.

Since I had been tested negative all during the time I've been feeling this tingling in my legs, does that mean it is definitely not HIV related? I've read that disc disease can cause this type of tingling in the legs, but I guess I just have not quite got my irrational fear of HIV under control.

Is there any reason to have any more HIV testing?

I'm so grateful for your counseling, would love to make an anonymous donation.

Thanks again, and God bless you.

Mr. Former Doomsday Guy

Hello Mr. Former Doomsday Guy,

OK, one last time, you are HIV negative. You do not need any additional HIV testing. Got it?

Yes, lumbar disc disease can cause tingling in your legs.

Stop chasing a disease you could not possibly have!

Anonymous and other types of contributions are always warmly welcomed and urgently needed. Just include a note with your donation that you want to remain anonymous and we won't send you back a thank-you letter or any documentation whatsoever, OK?

Many thanks. Stay well.

hello
Are you OK Dr. Bob?