Acupuncture question and Donation from Saudi Arabia please answer I am very worried

Dear DR. Bob,

Hello from the desert of Saudi Arabia, and Thank you for your noticeable efforts.

My story is quite unique and I did not read a similar one to it.

My story starts like this, I keep suffering from migraines all the time, and I read at a local newspaper in Saudi about a Chinese acupuncture therapy centre that cures migraines and some other diseases. So I stupidly did it at a local centre in Feb. and in March a I had diarrhea, and I went to the doctor and after doing a stool exam, he said I had Ameobiasis caused by a E.Histolytica parasite, which I never had before. He said it is common if one eats contaminated food, especially in our region the middle east, and I treated the ameobiasis.

Sometime later, I was exposed in the internet to the risk of getting HIV from doing acupuncture, and I got scared, so I called the centre where I got the acupuncture, and I asked the medical director at the Chinese acupuncture centre where I got acupunctured if they clean their punctures, and he said we only use it for one time, and he said getting HIV from acupuncture is like saying if one get into an airplane the same episode of 9/11 will happen to it. But, I dont believe him because if you ask a prostitute if she has HIV, she would say NO!

I dont have those symptoms that are described in the internet like throat sore or fever.. etc. but I am still worried that I got HIV. I am very concerned about the social stigma. HIV is connected to sin in our culture. I am a married man with two baby girls, and I am worried about them and their future.

I understand from your replys that I can get tested after 3 months mark for an accurate and conclusive result, which I will hopefully do. But I have the some questions if you dont mind please:

1- Is Ameobiasis a symptom of HIV? 2- How do you rate my risk?

Thank you very much.

P.S. Do you accept donations from Saudi Arabia?

Hi Saudi Arabian Guy,

I agree with your doctor: E. Histolytica amoebiasis is a common gastrointestinal illness often caused by ingesting contaminated food. People, HIV-positive or negative, can acquire this bug. It is not a specific symptom of HIV.

Most acupuncturists do use single-use needles. Consequently, I would rate your HIV risk as essentially nonexistent.

Finally, I hope you will begin an awareness campaign in Saudi Arabia that promotes the recognition of HIV as a viral infection, not a sin.

Yes, we accept donations, including oil wells, from Saudi Arabia! Donation information, including instructions for direct wire transfer, can be found on our Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Stay well! Hope the headache is better.

SOS Dr. Bob, I'm screwed!
Dirreah, Night Sweats, HIV??