Afraid i caught new strain!!

Dr. Bob,

Thanks for taking my question! First off i'd like to say good job on handling the "village idiot" i'm sure he was smacking himself after he read your response, what he accused you of was ridiculous.

That being said im sure my title caught your eye, I was hoping it would. Anyway I was involved in insertive oral sex two times (same person) for about 7-10 minutes each a week apart. I was with a male who, from what I have read, is not a "high risk individual"(not a drug injection user, from or been to sub-Saharan Africa, or someone who is known to be HIV +). I haven't tested positive for any STD's, so thats a good thing, but I am taking my HIV test on Friday, I have never been so scared in my life. I have had some symptoms, particularly worrisome ones are a few (less than 5) very small dark brown spots on my back and stomach, they look like scars but im sure they were not there before. Also a bruise like spot on my leg, it has been there for pretty much the whole window period, but its really faint and does not change/grow.get darker. Also I had the normal stuff headaches, backaches, weight loss, loss of appetite and a few more. But also this week (Sunday night I believe) I have been feeling a few pins and needles in my hands and really bad pain in hands and arms, is this suggestive of HIV or anxiety? Also you know when your foot or some other body part is in one place for a long time and it "falls asleep"? Well, I find this happening more often, but once I move it goes away, should I worry about that?

The reason I think I may have contracted the new strain is the symptoms I was expirencing(the spots on skin) are advanced HIV symptoms, right? I heard that the new strain turns HIV into AIDS in just months instead of years. Is this information correct?

So I guess my questions I would you like you to answer are:

1. Are my symptoms suggestive if HIV ARS?

2. Will my 90-ELISA be conclusive, or does it mean nothing?

3. Should I even be worried about catching the new strain?

4. Do you think im being neurotic?

Thanks so much for answering my question, you're an awesome guy, and look amazing with no shirt on! Steve's a lucky man!!!

Let me first answer your specific questions:

1. No.

2. Yes, the test would be conclusive.

3. No.

4. Yes.

Now, jumping back to your other concerns, your symptoms are consistent with anxiety, not HIV. The spots on your skin are not consistent with advanced HIV disease.

Consider getting some counseling for anxiety and irrational fear of HIV.

Good luck. Feel better, OK?

Dr. Bob, How can I catch your attention?
SOS Dr. Bob, I'm screwed!