Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

OMG!!! Dr. Bob is that really you in this picture??????????
Apr 17, 2005

Hey Dr Bob,

My buddy in SF told me he saw you in some nearly naked competiton to be in a movie or something ... and he sent me this link.

http://www.somabarechestcalendar.org/2006/events/prelims/march31st.htm

Is that you in the pictures??? Woof!!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Well, yes, as a matter of fact that is me, but I'm not "nearly naked" and it wasn't for a movie. The photos are from the preliminary rounds of this year's SOMA Bare Chest Calendar Competition. It's a benefit for AIDS Emergency Fund and the Positive Resource Center in San Francisco. My entering the competition was entirely Steve's idea! (Dr. Steve is The Body's expert in the Tratamientos Forum.) The finals competition takes place on April 28th, although my chances of actually being selected to be one of the Calendar Men is probably similar to that proverbial snowball's chance in Hell. At any rate, it's all for a very worthy cause. The proceeds have a genuine impact on the lives of some of San Francisco's most disenfranchised residents, people disabled by HIV/AIDS who are also battling homelessness and poverty.

So that's the scoop, and boy am I glad I didn't enter a bare-ass competition instead. I didn't' realize the Internet paparazzi were so omnipresent!

OK, guess I better head back to the chest-press machine, so I'm not totally humiliated by the other "talent" at next week's finals!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Read Archives still concerned Blood Donation
Next
You Sexy Hunk o' Burning Man!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.