I'd Rather Not Woo-Hoo

I just received my results after taking a Ora-Quick rapid test 12 weeks after my sexual contact of concern. I am fortunate to say that I am negative. However after I received my results I was not as happy as I thought I would be. As a matter of fact, I felt somewhat ashamed that I spent months worrying about a near non-existent chance of being infected. They are millions of people like our good friend Dr. Bob battling this disease "for real" every day of their God given lives.

However, I do feel most fortunate that my paranoid tendencies helped me to learn more about the disease and feel for those who are living with it. I know for all of you "worry wells" this won't make much sense to you until after your results come back negative. I know this because I was in your position just this morning.

Get tested and if you are blessed to be negative, help fight for a cure, and if it returns positive be like our hero Dr. Bob and fight the disease. Either way fight on.

My question for you Doc, is where do I send a check?

Yes, there are 40 million of us battling HIV "for real." But that doesn't mean we shouldn't all celebrate your good fortune and good health!

Thank you for your willingness to help fight ignorance and indifference, and to help us provide crucial services to those struggling with the challenges of HIV/AIDS. It is compassion like yours that promotes our common humanity and which helps us heal not only ourselves but our entire diseased and endangered world.

The Foundation's address is:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 779 Altos Oaks Drive, Suite 200 Los Altos, CA 94024

Donation information can also be found on our Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Congratulations! Many thanks.

Last Try Never Again
OCD or HIV Please help