Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV indeterminate test spit in eye
Apr 13, 2005

This has already been asked but I need a answer about a HIV test. I work with this gay dude who is a slut and is pretty dirty. I was talking to him about 4 monthes ago and while he was talking he spit and some spit flew below and maybe in my eye. Any I ordered two home test to take 30 days then 100 days after this happened. My first test came back negitive but my second came back indeterminate. And I am freaking out today because all I read about this result is that I could be in the seroconversion stage. The counsler on the phone at the home test center said alot of things affect these hiv test. I did begin to take Vigrx(male enhancement pills) between the two tests. He said that proteins can effect the result. I know HIV is not in spit but he has terrible dental hygiene. I am very good at worring about nothing and I seem to be at my best over this. Worring about nothing that is. I order a test to take again next week. They told me to wait 4 weeks and then 3 monthes but I can't wait and worry for another month its driving me crazy. Plese help.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You are absolutely correct: you are "very good at worrying about nothing!" I would not even recommend testing for such a nonexistent exposure. So at this point you have a negative test at 30 days and an indeterminate test at 100 days. My advice would be to forget the whole thing, but somehow I doubt you'll do that. Consequently, the fastest way to put your mind at rest would be to go to your doctor's and get a rapid test. You'll have your definitive negative result in 20 minutes.

Next, vigrx will not affect your HIV test results or enhance your maleness either, from what I've been able to determine.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Listen to Dr. Bob
Next
Dr. Frascino Your Work Is Excellent

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.