question unlike all the others...please answer

About three years ago I had sex with a stripper(completely stupid..I know).After a few weeks I came down with all of the acute hiv symptoms including extreme fatigue, eye floaters, swollen glands, and flu like symptoms. I noticed all of these symptoms before I had any knowledge at all of hiv symptoms, so it wasn't all in my head. Eventually I thought it might be hiv so I was tested at the 3,6,8,12, and 24 month marks for hiv. According to your site it can't be hiv. However, I've had 2 girlfriends over the past 3 years who don't know each other, and with whom I was sexually active. They both came down with the symptoms I described above. This proves that I really do have something, and the symptoms aren't related to anxiety. If I have mono, would it be contagious 2 years later?? Could it be a rare strain of HIV, or HIV 2?? I was tested at an std clinic and everything else came up negative, too. I am considering starting a new relationship, and I really don't want to pass anything on to anybody else. Thanks for your time, doctor.

If you tested HIV negative at 3, 6, 8, 12 and 24 months, HIV is not your problem. It really is that simple.

Now I have a question for you. You state you have been sexually active with two girlfriends over the past three years, and they both came down with symptoms similar to yours. Did you properly use a latex condom when having sex with these women? If so, HIV would not even be a consideration, as HIV cannot pass through latex, right? If, on the other hand, you had unprotected sex with them, you've placed yourself at risk once again and will need to be retested at least 3 months after the last possible exposure.

artificial insemination safer?
Listen to Dr. Bob