Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr. Frascino For President!
Apr 12, 2005

Doc, I think you are great! While reading your personal messages I have really taken a liking to you. I get the feeling that Bush is not so popular here. I am sad to say I voted for him. I just thought our country would be safer. Enough politics! I think you would make an excellent President though.

I am a hetero. Not that it matters. I am really going nuts! I don't know who I am kidding by denying my symptoms. I am awaiting a 6 week ELISA test. I don't know why I even agreed to it because unless it is done at 3 months it means nothing. I had a 4 week ELISA and PCR test both negative. I had a brief exposure 3 to 4 sec of insertive oral. 3 days after I had swollen lymph nodes in my leg, arm and pain in groin and armpits. I have had night sweats for 7 weeks straight. I also have itchy skin no rash. My lymp areas have been sore and painful for close to 6 weeks now. I have also had a bad cough 3 weeks now. I don't know what else this could be. It seems these are all the tell tale symptoms of you know what. I also had bad flu 3 weeks after exposure. I have read all the archives and saw that no poster has ever tested poz after oral exposure and it is really low risk. That is all I am holding on to. Again, what else could this be????? My doc said this is probably HIV infection. Sorry for writing again. I don't know why he did not order a p24 test since I was negative on the ELISA and PCR at 4 weeks. I know you must be flooded with e-mail. Thanks again for your time. I am sending a donation in. Best Wishes,

Big Fan of Dr. Bob. I hope I can call you Dr. Bob.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Big Fan,

You had four seconds of insertive oral and a negative four-week ELISA and PCR and then your doctor told you that you were probably HIV infected??? What? Well it seems you are no better at picking doctors than presidents. Both seem to ignore facts and scientific probability in favor of whacked-out notions of what they believe reality should be.

Listen up, Fan. Your HIV risk is nearly nonexistent. Your HIV testing today is extremely encouraging. Your symptoms could be related to any of a wide variety of conditions. They are not "tell tale symptoms of you know what!"

I suggest you get a new doctor to properly evaluate your symptoms. I'm quite certain your symptoms are not related to HIV and that your three-month test will be negative. Hey, while you are out and about finding a rational and competent new doctor, can you find us a rational and competent new president too?

Write back when you get your definitive three-month test results and we'll tell your all-to-familiar tale for our burgeoning archives. OK?

Good luck, Fan!

Dr. Bob

Previous
IS THIS A NEW VIRUS
Next
Don't be selfish

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.