Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Infection via Drug use
Apr 9, 2005

Dear Dr. Bob,

Thebody.com is a fantastic forum, however I would like to know why Thebody.com does not address HIV/Aids spread via injecting drug users, considering this is such a easy method of contraction.

Sure! The safesex forum is great and I'm sure with addresses many users concerns, but the spread of HIV/Aids via injecting drug users is very high, and thus, I feel it should be addressed.

I'm from Australia, an ex heroin user, and I was disappointed to visit the site and see nothing on this subject. Surely this is something worth listing or adding to the site that can be found more easily.

Can you please consider addressing the issue of HIV/Aids being spread through the drug community, especially injecting users.

Thanks for your time and reviewing my email. This is the second time I have submitted this question. I would love a response.

Thank you,

Joshua.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Joshua,

You were "disappointed to visit the site and see nothing on this subject?" What? You couldn't have looked very hard, mate. Try using the search function and I'll bet you'll find we have indeed addressed this issue many times. One thing to note is that these forums employ a question-and-answer format. Consequently, someone you, for instance has to submit a question before it can get a response. So check out the information on the site and if you have a specific question after that, let me know. OK?

Stay safe, Joshua. And that applies to more than just sex.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Woo Hoo and an update from "SOAKED TO THE BONER"(3rd try)
Next
need advice

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.