The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

completely lost and worried about being infected

Apr 9, 2005

I recently found this websight, and have been reading answers for days now. several months ago I found out that my girlfriend is HIV positive. we had already had unprotected sex, vaginal and oral both ways. I'm afraid to get tested because i have only had health insurance for a few months now, and when i first got it we knew that she was positive. I make nearly 50k a year, and live in southern california. I'm so so worried that if i test positive i will be cancelled, and i make too much money to obtain treatment for free. My insurance policy is not through my employer, but still might be a group policy because it is a california farm bureau federation members group health plan with nationwide health plans. what can I do, I'm totally lost and desperately need help

Response from Dr. Frascino


I see no reason for concern. No one can cancel your insurance policy because your girlfriend is HIV positive. If you had a preexisting condition, they might not cover that, but that is not the case here. Most insurance companies require an HIV test before they issue a policy. In fact, you may have had this done. At any rate, now that the policy is in effect you should not worry about getting HIV tested.

Good luck to both you and your girlfriend!

Dr. Bob

WOO HOO now I can go back to making a living as a piano player!!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint