Am I a Dead man now!! Trying for weeks.

Hi Back again Dr Bob,

Just came back from the Docs. The results of my blood test have turned up nothing unusual as far as liver function or thyroid function is concerned. My Dr said I am definitely fighting a virus. My white cell count is7.8 Neutrophil 34 and Lymphocyte is 54. High sensitivity CRP was .3. Could these results be possible and still be going through ars? Remember this is the 7 week stage. I just don't know what to do! I know that kissing is considered no risk and would'nt even warrant a test but now I'm really scared. What other virus could it be besides HIV that lasts for 8 weeks!! Just to jog the memory I'm the guy who toungue kissed the Malaysian hooker. I can't believe I have put my entire life at jeopardy for a couple of snoggs but the evidence is starting to pile up in favour. Should I get the test done? I think he will probably do one anyway the next time I see him. I just cant believe this is happening to me and my family. Please help me Dr Bob I'm feeling really down at the moment. I also read today that one of the symptoms of ars is an itchy herpes zoster rash. I had an itchy rash on my arms and legs for a few days and still get the itches. I have also had the chicken pox. Could any other virus reactivate the zoster virus in this way. Again lots of questions, please Doc this time can I get an answer. I've been trying for weeks.

Regards,

JB

Hello JB,

Having an itchy rash on your extremities does not mean a zoster virus has been reactivated. Stop trying to self diagnose. As you can see, it's just leading to more anxiety, all of which is unwarranted.

I have not responded to your questions because you have already answered your questions yourself. For instance, "I know that kissing is considered no risk and wouldn't even warrant a test." I agree, unless there have been rather remarkable extenuating circumstances, which clearly is not the case here.

I also think you are correct when you write "I'm really scared . . . . I'm feeling down at the moment." These are problems you do have and which require attention. You are anxious and depressed. You need counseling to help you cope with your irrational fears. Do I think you should get HIV tested? I do not believe your risk warrants testing; however, if you feel you've placed yourself at risk, get tested at the three-month mark to put your mind at ease.

You are not a "deadman," but rather just "worried sick."

WHO REALLY KNOWS!
Abstinence only sex-ed and John Milton