Yours in comedy...Test Q and A

Well, well, well...deep subject (lame joke of the day)

What's new? I know you are staying busy, as the mail keeps floodin' in...but here's one more, just for fun.

It is regarding a Rapid Test that I have taken. There seem to be rapid questions coming in about these tests!

In a response that was dated on October 14, 2003, you mentioned (in so many words) that if someone writes about the validity of this test or that, then you would discuss those specific concerns.

Well, here is my concern:

I'm looking for information regarding the "OraQuick ADVANCE Rapid HIV-1/2 Antibody Test." Keep in mind that this is the latest oral test, to my knowledge, that was approved and shipped-out around November 2004...it is NOT the same oral test as the one approved in March (26), 2004. People at the CDC and my doctors and other professionals get confused about that...most say they have never heard of the one I am describing! No one seems to have too much information on this exact test.

There seems to be limited info on this test on the web. (I have printed off the info that is out there...including from thebody)

So here is the thing:

1)I took this new test at 13 weeks. Non-Reactive. Can I woo-hoo and trust the OraQuick ADVANCE Rapid HIV-1/2 Antibody Test?

2) Can I get back to writing my "lame jokes" book?

Yours in comedy, Mark

Hello Mark,

OraQuick Advance Rapid HIV-1/2 Antibody Test is FDA-approved for HIV-1 and HIV-2 rapid testing. It has greater than 99% accuracy. It can be used with oral fluid, finger-stick whole blood, venipuncture whole blood or plasma. Results are available in 20 minutes.

So if your 13-week OraQuick Advance Rapid HIV-1/2 Antibody Test is "non-reactive," I'd say you are indeed "well, well, well!"

Keep the "lame joke" coming, or at least "limping" along.

Freaking out 4th try doc bob, 50 donation when answered
Seattle Doctors