|Diabetes---pls respond, not in archives
Apr 2, 2005
Dear Dr Bob:
I have been diagnosed with diabetes durng my "window period". I am now extremely stressed since I learn this is an autoimmmune problem. Please tell me, will this effect my elisa test, since it is an autoimmune condition? Should I take a PCR test instead?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello Very Worried,
Actually, yes it is in the archives.
No, diabetes will not affect your ability to produce HIV antibodies, the duration of your window period or your HIV test results. PCR testing is not necessary.
And now it's in the archives yet again.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blisters After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dark Bumps After Condom Popped Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Eye Floaters After Touching Precum Worried I Have HIV
- HIVpain In Penis After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.