CDC worker told me Oraquick rapid test was 95% accurate at three weeks.

Dear Dr. Bob, I had a worker at the CDC tell me that Oraquick rapid testing was 95% accurate at three weeks. She didn't say it was definative, but said most folks will produce detectable antibodies within two to three weeks. How true is this. I tested at 27 days after having protected sex with a woman. The result was negative. I realize this is not definative but is it at least enough for a little woo hoo? I plan to test again at three months. Thanks so much for the work you do. Your organization is very much worth supporting. You can count on a yearly donation from me.

Barry

Hello Barry,

I agree that "most folks will produce detectable antibodies within two to three weeks," if they are HIV infected. However, I cannot verify the 95% statistic. Even if it were accurate, 95% would not be sufficiently high enough for a definitive result. The bottom line is that you still need the three-month test. OK?

I'll send you some good-luck karma and hope you'll be sending me a definitive WOO-HOO in a few-months' time.

Thank you for your generous donation. It's warmly appreciated!

Docking risks?
Do I need a western blot test, elisa negative