Docking risks?

Hey Bob,

I have regularly read your articles and much appreciate your work. An aussie donation is on its way :)

In early February i had a persistant dry cough, sore throat and sore neck due to cold weather. I stupidly met up with a stranger while i had these symptoms and we gave eachother oral sex. He assured me he was clean. We also did this weird thing called 'Docking' which is rubbing the heads of the penis's together. We were docking for like 10 seconds but had oral sex for a couple of minutes. I realised how stupid this act was because i was already vulnerable (sore throat etc). Today (2 months later) i have been worried like CRAZY and i mean CRAZY. Its on my mind every day that i could be infected with HIV because strangers do lie! Mind you the symptoms of my sore throat has not dissappeared, nor my cough or my sore neck. In fact recently i noticed additional symptoms like ulcers in my mouth and a couple of sore white spots on my tongue. My glands under my arms and behind my head are so sore and i get persistent headaches. Nervous itches which reveal a red blotch/rash. i have had these original symptoms plus these new ones for at least 8 weeks. I was so worried that a month after possible exposure i took a HIV test to reveal it negative. Also my blood count and everything else is perfect. No additional viruses were detected and the doctor said i am perfectly healthy. One thing more: The blood test reveiled i had past exposure to EBV (Epstein Barr Virus) and it is not active. If it was active i can understand my symptoms but my symptoms to date are completely unexplainable and its driving me INSANE!!!

Any advice for my twisted situation....GOD BLESS YOU!

(p.s. I know the risks for oral is low, so dont worry about explaining that, i just want you to tell me if docking was a silly mistake and review my ugly symptoms)

CHEERS: Alex

Hi Aussie Alex,

Unfortunately I cannot diagnose your problem over the Internet. Since I love Australia (and Aussies) and am overdue for a visit, can I come downunder and make a house call to examine you in person?

Your HIV risk from "dick-docking" is minimal to nil. I suggest you follow up with your doctor to have your symptoms evaluated if they are persistent. It is indeed possible that being "worried like CRAZY" could be part of the problem.

G'day mate! Thanks for your Aussie donation. And don't forget about that house call offer.

A tribute to Dr Bob
CDC worker told me Oraquick rapid test was 95% accurate at three weeks.