Antibody time survival in lab specimens
Apr 2, 2005
Hello Doctor -
I had blood drawn for an Elisa HIV 1/2 test on Friday morning. The blood was not tested until the following Tuesday at noon. Are my test results going to be valid given the length of time that it took my blood to be processed (Antibodies not like HIV that dies quickly when exposed to air?). To repeat millions, you are an amazing, amazing wonderful person. Thanks!
Response from Dr. Frascino
Yes, your test results will be accurate. Antibodies are not "alive" like viruses.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Few Turn Positive After 6 Week Negative Hiv Test
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv To Show Up In Your System?
- Does Hiv Cause Sensitive Skin?
- What Are Long Term Effects For Genital Herpes?
- Things You Shouldn't Do If You Have Chlamydia
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.