Dr. Bob...Occupational Exposure, symptoms?

Dr. Bob,

I was potentially exposed to a clients blood. I didn't see any at the time of the incident (I was holding him to the floor), but noticed blood stains on his pants where my left hand was.

5 doctors told me I had intact skin (they said the exposed dermal layer between my fingers and hand is still intact...)

But at 6 weeks I was vomiting (but so was my stepson 2 days prior), and it subsided in 2 days. At 7 weeks at had what I thought was thrush (tongue completely white), but a doctor said it wasn't because it wouldn't scrape off or bleed. At 7 weeks I also had a canker sore, and pheripheral neuropathy in one finger. The doctor said the neuropathy would more than likely be in more than one finger if it was from HIV. I guess it could be from driving, since I would always press that part on my finger against the steering wheel. At 9 weeks, nasal congestion and diarrhea which was almost completely water (my 6 month old had something like this for 10 days prior). Also, at 9 weeks, which is scaring me the most right now, about 6 pin head sized, blood red, non-raised bumps on the top back of my mouth. I went to a doc, and he told me it was due to a sore throat...that would make sense if my throat was sore, which it really wasn't. Could the spots have been petechiae from what was causing my congestion?

This may be the place where you think, "Why didn't you start off with this?" The source tested negative for HIV, and I have tested negative at 9 weeks.

Are these 'symptoms' random acts of other sickness and my paranoia finding them, or could they still be symptoms?

If you have the time to answer this, thank you. And if not, thank you still for all of your usefull information.

Take care,

From Fargo (ND)

Hello, The client (source) tested negative and you tested negative at nine weeks; consequently, there was no occupational exposure. Also, I agree with the five doctors who told you that even if the client was HIV positive, you did not have a significant exposure, as HIV from blood on the client's pants cannot cross intact skin. So again, no occupational exposure. Consequently, whatever is causing your symptoms is not HIV, OK? I just noticed you're from Fargo. Hmm, please send my best to Marge Gunderson, and I hope you didn't throw your client in the woodchipper after your incident. Dr. Bob

100$ Donation on the way..2nd try, hotflashes and malaise mixed with paranoia
Antibody time survival in lab specimens