HIV from microscopic cuts on penis
Mar 30, 2005
My dear friend BOB, u always talk about HIV transmission to men via mucuous membrane A.K.A urethra,but u never talked about the transmission that could occur through microscopis cuts due to friction during a sexual intercourse and/or another STD that could naturally cause lesions such as HSV-2 (genital herpes).Can u plz give me more details concerning that? by the way i think u're an inspiration for million of ppl with HIV/AIDS, from what've read of other ppl comments they really appreciate your work here, so do I.Keep up the good work.PAUL
Response from Dr. Frascino
Questions pertaining to HIV transmission must be submitted to the Safe Sex/ HIV Prevention Forum, not the Fatigue/Anemia Forum. Consequently I'll only answer briefly. I'm also not exactly sure I understand your question, but hopefully the following will help:
1. HIV transmission can occur via the urethral mucous membrane during unprotected sex with an HIV POZ partner.
2. Microscopic cuts due to friction during sex would not even be a consideration if a latex condom is used. If a latex condom is not used, we are back to having mucous membrane exposure, so this becomes a moot point as far as HIV transmission is concerned. Right?
3. Regarding herpes simplex virus and HIV, open herpes sores/blisters can provide an easy way for HIV to enter the body. Also, white blood cells at the site of herpes sores/blisters can increase the susceptibility to HIV. Please review the information at the following Web site and if you have specific questions after that, you can send them along, OK? But remember to post them to the proper forum to have a better chance of getting a reply!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Thrush The Same As Chlamydia?
- Does Accutane Blood Work Check For Hepatitis?
- If I Had Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Positive Woman What Are The Odds That I Am Infected?
- Does Hiv Cause Everyday Dizziness?
- How Rare Is It To Get Hiv Transmitted Through Open Cuts?
- Will Genital Herpes Cause Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.