Can I bareback my pos bf?
Mar 29, 2005
My bf is HIV pos X 10 years and on meds with some hiv dementia..i have been pos for 4 mths on no meds..am I at risk barebacking him as a top in catching another strain of hiv...would a resistance test be warranted on his part to rule out that he is not resistance to any meds..i had a reistance test and have wild type virus with no resistance. Thanks very much
Response from Dr. Frascino
Yes, you would be placing yourself and your partner at risk for superinfection. Resistance testing will not decrease these risks. Read through the archives related to superinfection (reinfection) for additional information. Condoms remain essential, even when both partners are positive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Open Mouth Kissing What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sinus Infection After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Does Hydrogen Peroxide Cure Vaginal Infections?
- How Often Do You Get Hepatitis B Vaccination?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.