Sex-Tourism

Hi Dr.Bob

I've been reading this forum for a while, and it is a great source of realistic information. Thanks for what you do; I notice that you post answers pretty much every day of the week. This deserves acknowledgement and gratitude. Truly, thank you.

I have also noticed a lot of posts from people who have patronized prostitutes and worry about the consequences afterwards. There is no use in my judging these acts, especially given the nature of this forum, and that is not my intention with this post.

I have a question about that, though. Are there any stats about prostitution and the spread of HIV in North America as well as in Asia, Africa, and South America? I know that Sex-Tourism exists in a big way in several parts of the world. What is the impact of sex tourism on HIV in the US?

Thanks

Since prostitution is illegal here in the U.S., we have no statistics about its impact on the U.S. epidemic. In many countries where prostitution is government-sanctioned and legal, strict health standards have been instituted, including mandating the use of safer sex techniques (latex condoms) and frequent STD/HIV screening for all sex workers. An excellent argument can be made that by decriminalizing and regulating "the world's oldest profession," we could make it much safer in this country. However, considering the near-hysterical (and hypocritical) panic over Janet Jackson's "nipplegate," I would think legalized prostitution in this country is still a long way off.

A cut and contact with a strippers sweat and saliva
Can I bareback my pos bf?