A cut and contact with a strippers sweat and saliva

Dear Dr. Frascino,

I recently went to a strip club and I had a small cut on my hand. This cut got in contact with a stripper's sweat also her saliva. (The stripper sucked on my fingers) I got the cut about 30 minutes before the contact, and it was not bleeding, but it did sting to the touch of water when washing my hands a few minutes after the contact. Could I have contracted HIV or aids from this encounter? Thanks a lot for your help.

Sincerely, Worried in NC

Hello Worried in NC,

No, you cannot contract HIV from sweat or saliva. This has been a well known scientific fact for many years; however, recently federally funded abstinence-only sex education programs have tried to "alter" the facts. In December, Rep. Henry Waxman issued a report finding scientifically false and misleading information about sex, pregnancy and STDs in government-sponsored abstinence-only sex education curricula, including the claim that tears and saliva can transmit HIV. However, even the Fed's Center for Disease Control and Prevention Web site (www.cdc.gov) states that contact with saliva, tears or sweat has never been shown to result in HIV transmission. I'm sure the Bush's faith-based Preventionistas get really pissed when science trumps their science fiction.

Stay well.

Dear Doc, I've searched through the archives, but...
Sex-Tourism